Voted as one of Cincinnati Fastest 55 growing companies four times, Cincinnati’s Best Places to Work in 2017, and INC 500 Magazine’s List of Fastest Growing Private Companies three times, Forward Edge is continuously seeking the finest candidates in Cincinnati. Building on over 50 years of technology experience, Forward Edge partners with K-12/Higher Education and SMB Customers to increase productivity and enhance overall performance by providing innovative state-of-the-art customized solutions.
We are looking for awesome! We are looking for highly-motivated people with good attitudes and immense potential. Although, the job description details out the expectations, we are in search of someone special that matches our culture of focused, driven professionals, wanting to have fun at work while always having the customer’s best interest in mind. If you just want a job, need not apply, but if you’re awesome and looking for the same in a company, join our team!
** We are seeking full time candidates in both Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio. This job does not offer relocation packages, and it requires the candidate to be on-site at schools on a regular basis.**
The Forward Edge Curriculum Integration Team is seeking a passionate educator with a background in instructional/educational technology to join our team of Integration Specialists. This integration specialist would work with schools in southwest or central Ohio to plan, develop and implement instructional technology professional development.
We are a team of self-motivated, driven educators who care deeply about making a positive difference in education and thrive on a fast-paced environment. We cultivate relationships and share our collective strengths, so that we help people grow and have a positive impact on those around them!
The role would include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Forward Edge Curriculum Integration Team in developing and providing professional development for districts and schools around southwest and central Ohio
- Design and deliver professional development for K-12 teachers as needed on the use of instructional technology
- Mentor/coach teachers in integrating current, relevant, and meaningful technologies into their classroom
- Collaborate with curriculum departments and school-level instructional staff for instructional planning, observation and feedback as needed, co-teaching, and modeling strategies for effectively integrating technology into teaching and learning
- Evaluate, research, and communicate relevant technology integration techniques to staff
- Maintain a current knowledge of effective instructional and coaching pedagogies
- Assist districts/schools with the investigation of instructional technology solutions
- Create content for our Edge•U Badges educator professional learning platform
- Assist with other team projects as assigned
- Must have a minimum 1 year classroom teaching experience
- A degree in education or instructional technology
- Proven understanding of effective use of technology (digital curriculum, web tools, hardware, etc.) in classroom environments
- Experience planning and leading professional development
- Experience with Google Apps for Education
- Google Certifications preferred (Google Educator Levels 1 and 2, Certified Trainer, Certified Coach, Certified Innovator)
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, such as Schoology, Google Classroom, or Canvas, as an instructor or admin
- Flexible schedule and hours to accommodate schools/districts PD schedules
- Current teaching license preferred
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Organization and people skills are crucial to the role
Please send all application requirements to the Director of Curriculum and Technology Integration Katie Ritter at email@example.com.
- A two-minute video introduction of yourself. We’re not looking for a professional video, just a taste of who you are (2-minute maximum, please)
- Something to represent your current use of technology in the classroom or supporting other educators with technology (i.e. a portfolio, a link to a slidedeck from a training you planned, an activity you did with students, a screencast you created, etc.)
About Forward Edge
Forward Edge is a young company formed with the top leaders in the industry that is focused on providing hardware, software and service solutions, as well as demand-generation programs tailored to fit the educational and small and medium-sized businesses marketplace. Forward Edge is committed to delivering the technologies, products and services that our partners can build on and grow with today’s environment. Through extensive training, market analysis, and by continually searching for talented and skilled individuals, Forward Edge has established itself on the forefront of technology. This position allows us to stay ahead of the curve and provide our customers with both the industry expertise and the latest innovations.