About Forward Edge
Forward Edge is a young company formed with the top leaders in the industry that is focused on providing hardware, software, and service solutions, as well as demand-generation programs tailored to fit the educational and small and medium-sized businesses marketplace. Forward Edge is committed to delivering the technologies, products, and services that our partners can build on and grow with today’s environment. Through extensive training, market analysis, and by continually searching for talented and skilled individuals, Forward Edge has established itself at the forefront of technology. This position allows us to stay ahead of the curve and provide our customers with both the industry expertise and the latest innovations.
Voted as one of Cincinnati Fastest 55 growing companies four times, Cincinnati’s Best Places to Work in 2017, and INC 500 Magazine’s List of Fastest Growing Private Companies three times, Forward Edge is continuously seeking the finest candidates in Cincinnati. Building on over 50 years of technology experience, Forward Edge partners with K-12/Higher Education and SMB Customers to increase productivity and enhance overall performance by providing innovative state-of-the-art customized solutions.
We are looking for awesome! We are looking for highly-motivated people with good attitudes and immense potential. Although, the job description details out the expectations, we are in search of someone special that matches our culture of focused, driven professionals, wanting to have fun at work while always having the customer’s best interest in mind. If you just want a job, need not apply, but if you’re awesome and looking for the same in a company, join our team!
Forward Edge is seeking an experienced candidate to complement their engineering division. Forward Edge employs highly skilled engineers and technicians who monitor, troubleshoot, remediate, and design solutions to support K-12 school technology infrastructures. Forward Edge’s engineering team is responsible for specifying, installing, and providing tier 1 through 3 support for projects and installations ranging from a few items and a few hundred dollars to hundreds of items and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The ideal candidate will share the workload of day to day operations, improving our partner managed service offering, development of our security practice, quality control needs, and customer service tasks that the department and organization require. This will include interfacing with sales, management, engineering, technicians, as well as customer stakeholders from teachers and students up to superintendents and school boards.
- Design and plan the deployment, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all monitoring infrastructure systems. Plan monitoring for servers, VMs, DB, network elements, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Responsible for responding to infrastructure (network, server, service) outages that can affect users and critical application. This includes service restorations and recommending long-term resolutions.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Accountable for effective and efficient day-to-day Managed Services operations.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment, and devices.
- Install, configure, and maintain server and desktop environments.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage system backup and restore.
- Troubleshooting, analysis, documentation of servers, workstations, networks and associated systems.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus and anti-spam.
- Plan, design, and implement TCP/IP connectivity for wired and wireless local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems.
- Work individually and as a teammate on large and small projects.
- MS Server 2008R2-Present, Active Directory, Group Policies, top-tier network manufacturer equipment, Google, VMware and Wireless network technology.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent educational and/or work experience.
- Must have 3+ years supporting networks, LAN and WAN technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection and disaster recovery.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience working in a managed service practice.
- Experience working in a security service practice.
- Understanding of Power and Cooling, Video Surveillance over IP, Google Infrastructure, Aerohive, HP Servers, Extreme Networks, Microsoft SCCM and field experience on operational networks.
A motivated, savvy individual who is willing to leverage his or her talents with those of other committed professionals is the preferred candidate for this position.
Strong Candidates will…
- Be comfortable in dealing directly with C-level personnel and faculty, communicating and developing rapport.
- Be enthusiastic and interact well with people.
- Be detail oriented.
- Be technically competent and experienced.
- Have excellent time management skills and have the ability to prioritize tasks according to perceived or dictated precedence.
- Have good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to and embrace new technologies
- Be driven to succeed personally for the benefit of the team. Willing to step in and step up for the tasks that the job dictates.
- Be able to effectively manage personal spaces and retrieve information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be able to develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Be a part of the Forward Edge team and work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Be a positive influence to others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization. Lead by example.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Starting salary range: negotiable based on experience. Estimated $35,000 – $60,000.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Care Cost Sharing
- 401K Savings Plan with Forward Edge Match
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Short and Long Disability Program
- Professional development opportunities and reimbursement
- Employment Outlook – Excellent
Send resumes and cover letters to Bart Elkins at email@example.com.