K12 Instructional Design Coach (Tech Coach)
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio (full-time, on-site)
Forward Edge empowers schools to reach tomorrow’s learners by providing technology solutions and services to schools that remove barriers to learning. Focusing 100% on Education, we understand that learning time is sacred, and we take a holistic approach to designing and implementing technologies for students, teachers, and staff. Our Curriculum & Integration (C&I) department comprises leading experts and former classroom teachers who are enthusiastic about supporting educators in leveraging technology to enhance teaching and learning experiences. By fostering a collaborative and inclusive company culture, driven by highly motivated individuals passionate about making a difference, we can create a profound educational experience for teachers and students.
Core Values at Forward Edge:
These core values aren’t just words on a page to us, we eat, breathe and live these values every day. They serve as the guidepost for our decisions and actions.
- We expect excellence- We believe in being confident in our abilities while remaining humble and open to feedback. We have a saying here, “you’re not done until you’re done, done” and that just means we go the extra mile to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- We are problem solvers- We embrace all challenges as opportunities to learn and grow. We don’t just identify problems, we find solutions for our customers and internally at Forward Edge.
- Relationships matter to us- Maya Angelou said it best, “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- We are team players- We believe no one is too good to take out the trash. We are a team that supports each other in an inclusive environment, and offers to roll up our sleeves and help each other whenever needed.
- We believe you either grow or die- We believe in embracing change and constantly improving to stay relevant. We are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to expand our potential and create value, individually and as an organization.
The Forward Edge C&I Team is seeking a passionate educator experienced in instructional/ educational technology with experience in diverse cultures to join us as an Instructional Design Coach. This role will involve collaborating with schools in Southwest Ohio to plan, develop, and implement instructional technology into instruction to maximize the learning for each student.
As a department, we exist to cultivate relationships and share our collective strengths, so that we help people grow and have a positive impact on those around them. We work to improve learning by being right there with you, on the ground, and in schools every day.
- Collaborate with the Forward Edge Curriculum Integration Team to provide professional development to districts and schools in southwest and central Ohio.
- Work with curriculum departments and instructional staff at schools to plan, observe, provide feedback, co-teach, and model effective technology integration strategies.
- Mentor and coach teachers to integrate relevant technologies into their classrooms with a pedagogy-first approach.
- Design and deliver professional development for K-12 teachers on instructional technology and educational practices.
- Foster positive relationships with staff members within buildings and districts.
- Research and communicate effective technology integration techniques to staff.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of instructional and coaching pedagogies.
- Assist districts and schools in exploring instructional technology solutions.
- Create content for our Edge•U Badges educator professional learning platform.
- Collaborate on other team projects as required.
Job Requirements/ Preferences:
- Minimum of 2 years of classroom teaching experience in a K-12 setting
- Degree in education or instructional technology
- Proven understanding of effective technology use (digital curriculum, web tools, hardware, etc.) in classrooms
- Experience in planning and leading professional development
- Familiarity with Google Workspace for Education
- Preferred Google Certifications: Google Educator Levels 1 and 2, Certified Trainer, Certified Coach, Certified Innovator
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Schoology, Google Classroom, or Canvas) as an instructor or admin
- Availability to work on some school holidays and a hybrid schedule over the summer.
- Preferred possession of a current teaching license
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Willingness to travel for conferences
Please send all application requirements to the hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter AND/OR a two-minute video introduction of yourself. Show us who you are, and let your personality shine (2-minute maximum).
- Something representing your expertise in the classroom or school setting, highlighting pedagogical best practices supported by technology (e.g., portfolio, link to a training slide deck, student activity, screencast).
Forward Edge is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we actively encourage candidates of all races, ethnicities, genders, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are essential for fostering innovation and achieving our mission of transforming education.
To learn more about our team, please visit our website and check out #FEK12 on Twitter.