Educator Professional Development Independent Contractor
Location: Varies, will provide opportunities for travel and remote work
Position Type: Independent Contractor, part-time work
Forward Edge empowers schools to reach tomorrow’s learners by providing technology solutions and services to schools that remove barriers to learning. Focusing 100% on Education, we understand that learning time is sacred, and we take a holistic approach to designing and implementing technologies for students, teachers, and staff. Our Curriculum & Integration (C&I) department comprises leading experts and former classroom teachers who are enthusiastic about supporting educators in leveraging technology to enhance teaching and learning experiences. By fostering a collaborative and inclusive company culture, driven by highly motivated individuals passionate about making a difference, we can create a profound educational experience for teachers and students.
Core Values at Forward Edge:
These core values aren’t just words on a page to us, we eat, breathe and live these values every day. They serve as the guidepost for our decisions and actions.
- We expect excellence- We believe in being confident in our abilities while remaining humble and open to feedback. We have a saying here, “you’re not done until you’re done, done” and that just means we go the extra mile to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- We are problem solvers- We embrace all challenges as opportunities to learn and grow. We don’t just identify problems, we find solutions for our customers and internally at Forward Edge.
- Relationships matter to us- Maya Angelou said it best, “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- We are team players- We believe no one is too good to take out the trash. We are a team that supports each other in an inclusive environment, and offers to roll up our sleeves and help each other whenever needed.
- We believe you either grow or die- We believe in embracing change and constantly improving to stay relevant. We are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to expand our potential and create value, individually and as an organization.
Forward Edge is seeking Independent Contractors with experience leading educator professional development initiatives and experience in diverse cultures. Independent contractors will support the Forward Edge C&I Team by leading engaging professional development for K-12 educators and administrators. As a Google for Education Professional Development Partner, Independent Contractors will have an opportunity to facilitate events through Forward Edge on behalf of Google for Education. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of educational technology, a passion for teaching, and experience with Google Workspace for Education.
- Lead Professional Development Sessions: Conduct workshops, seminars, and training sessions for educators on integrating technology into the classroom.
- Curriculum Development: Design and update accessible training materials and resources tailored to the needs of educators at various tech proficiency levels.
- Google for Education Advocacy: Represent Forward Edge at events on behalf of Google for Education. Lead sessions that showcase the benefits, features, and best practices of Google Workspace for Education tools in an educational setting.
- Collaborative Planning: Work in tandem with the Forward Edge team, school administrators, and/or PD Partner representatives to ensure that the professional development sessions meet the specific needs of each educational institution.
- Feedback & Improvement: Gather, analyze, and implement feedback from educators after each session to continuously improve the training content and delivery methods.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on the latest developments in educational technology, pedagogical strategies, and Google for Education updates to ensure that the training provided is cutting-edge and effective.
- K-12 classroom teaching experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Technology, or a related field.
- Certified Google for Education Trainer or willingness to obtain certification.
- Proven experience in leading effective professional development sessions for educators.
- Strong understanding of K-12 educational technology trends and challenges.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must be highly engaging and personable when leading PD.
- Ability to travel within the United States for training sessions and events (travel expenses covered in most cases).
What We Offer:
- Compensation corresponds to the job's requirements and responsibilities, and will be paid as a flat-fee, daily-rate.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team dedicated to enhancing education.
- Access to the latest Google for Education tools and resources.
- Flexible work schedule with the potential for travel and remote work.
- Travel expenses paid with most opportunities.
Forward Edge is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we actively encourage candidates of all races, ethnicities, genders, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are essential for fostering innovation and achieving our mission of transforming education.
To learn more about our team, please visit our website and check out #FEK12 on Twitter.